VS Code Plugin
Paste Image is a VS Code plugin that allows you to paste images into md documents. It's currently on version 1.0.4 with over 226,000 downloads.
The developer website is found at GitHub
For complete details visit the VS Code marketplace.
The only downside is it was last updated on 01/23/2019.
Ideas on how to setup
- settings --> pasteimage
- for setting path and filename options
- pastes image into current_document_folder/images
- prepends documentname_ to image name
- pastes formatted md url at cursor in current
- change the keyboard shortcut
- I use ctrl-v to paste image from clipboard